Friday, February 28

Untitled mountain-beach-thingy

Hello my friends!


Yesterday I started working on an awesome idea. I saw one British village on the TV and I loved those little townhouses right next to each other. They were all looking a bit the same and they had the most cutest little backyards. I didn't catch the name of that village or neighborhood so I couldn't search for more information about it :(

Yesterday I started working on a completely new world. I chose medium flat map with max height 200. I have already made an island and a relatively large mountain with brownstone and a river, which begins from front of the island and ends to a lake in root of the mountain. I have used terrain paints made by Martine in Mod The Sims. 

I know that 90% of worlds made by simmers come with mountains and some kind of coast. But it's just so nice concept! There's a variety of terrains and ocean is amazing playground with Island Paradise. Hidden caves, surfing and mermaids. I wish I could make a mermaid cave in there, but I have no idea how. If anyone knows, please please please link me the instructions! I could also ask Google but it's so frustrating with my slow internet connection 



Right now I am working on roads. I made a custom road with light driveway and grey pavement. I used EA's textures (I think) but I also have some CC textures. I will put up a list in the future where I mention all of the wonderful artist whose CC I have ever used making this world. In this world I try to use as little CC as possible if I decide to give it for download. But I only share it if it's wonderful and I'm completely happy with it :D

Look, I made the most realistic island with a mountain! There will be a lot of collectibles and a community lot on the mountain which is going to be a tiny romantic park where couples can go to watch the sunset and cuddle. And maybe some.. woohoo. 




Right now I'm working with roads. I have a very unorganized method to do this. I'd like to say unique, because I haven't seen anyone to do so but I don't know. First I make the intersections in a small area. Then I make the roads between them and place intersections in a next area and make roads between them. And move on to another area. And then it all looks like mess:



When I'm done the previous steps in the whole world, I snap the roads in to intersections and bridges. The reason I do roads in this order is because I hate that "clicking" process. It's slow and obnoxious and the roads won't set to the grid the way I want them to. Also they make idiotic curves sometimes when you are trying to make a circle, and I've noticed that it's way more easier to correct them afterwards. Also in the clicking-phase it's easy to re-position them and make them perfectly straight and lined up. 

Now I think I'm done for today. It took me an hour to make those bridges! And hey if you have a name that would suit to this world, please tell me! I suck at naming worlds. 




No comments:

Post a Comment